Tuesday 23 August 2011

Powerbreathe trial week 9: ramping up the intensity!

still recovering from the head injury, so I feel all behind with my preparations. Still, nothing I can do about that i guess. 
 
The problem I currently have is related to change of pace and oxygen demand, so starting and stopping is hard work. I have upped the intensity of the training  a little this week, to introduce intervals and track sprints. All things I should have been doing all along, but never mind. Getting back from injury is tough, specially a head injury. I am also trying hard to learn about the nutrition side of things, and sometimes I get that right, sometimes not!
 
The track work was always going to hurt after a long layoff. It did!! despite almost running to the point of collapse, and feeling incredibly dizzy after each rep - but no inhaler needed! Great news! usually I do need it for track sprints. No chest pain either which I sometimes get after high intensity exercise (asthma related).
 
level 6 is still tough though, think I will be here for a little while yet!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.