Sunday 14 August 2011

The New athlete eating plan week 3

I have to record my weight every morning. This makes me all too aware how I am doing – like a slap in the face! I felt terrible at the end of last week, like I let Martin my nutritionist down. He was taking longer to reply to me so I knew he was cross. I had better do something.
Someone once said to me ‘you are always in control of what you put in your mouth’. That is so right. So I decided to try harder. I still find the new rules very tough, but I need to get a grip on this. I have never had a good relationship with food, so come on Mel, in reality this was never going to be a walk in the park now, was it??

Thoughts this week:
·        I think there is an agreement that I might be able to eat some of the food from the forbidden list in small quantities after training. This shines a light at the end of my tunnel!
·        I had the carbs thing back to front, I didn’t know it was important to eat carbs AFTER training too...
·        We are in negotiation regarding some of my old recipes. I am hoping that he will ‘Mac-Nutrition them so I can cook them again!
·        I have found that in fact sometimes I eat through habit, not because I am hungry
·        I like the increased eggs into the diet... it’s becoming my new ‘bread’ haha
·        Gradually, I am getting back into some kind of training schedule now (post head injury) which means hopefully the balance will be located sometime soon regards training / fuelling
·        Martin was right, oats rather than ‘Oats so simple’ is WAY more filling, for the same quantity!
·        Full fat milk is ok... its growing on me...
·        I still miss the sugar!

Result: I did try harder this week. The result of that is 1lb off from last Saturday to this one. In fact, from max weight last week (I weighed heaviest mid week) you could say 2lb off. Eating has not compromised my training, the head injury has / is. So, small steps?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.