Sunday 28 August 2011

The new athlete eating plan week 5: Eat pizza and lose weight!!

Well, not really, but in actual fact, coupled with the correct outlook and methodology, it’s true.
I’m getting the hang of this athlete diet from Martin MacDonald. I am not saying that means it gets easier, but I am getting the hang of it. I understand now, through doing it wrong last week as well as doing it right, that my body needs the correct fuel mix to perform. I have stuck strictly to the plan this week. I do find it tough still at times, I still haven’t shaken off my sugar addiction completely!
The idea is that when I get it right, I have the correct fuel mix for good training, and weight loss, both at the same time.
What have I done this week?
·       Easy early morning training under 1hr pre breakfast.
·       Whey protein as recovery
·       A meal containing carbs after training
·       One meal in the day that has NO carbs in it – usually the one that is not near a training session
·       1 meal a week where I can eat what I like.
·       Small ‘treat’ food ONLY after hard training
I always look foward to the newly crowned name for Fridays... ‘freeforall Friday’ according to my husband!
This week, I ate pizza. This sounds nothing unusual. BUT It has been a really really long time since I last had a pizza. I just don’t eat them anymore, because they are not the right thing to eat to give me energy and the excessive amount of bread actually bloats me. But this pizza was DELICIOUS!! So was the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream!!
Coupled with actually sticking to the rules all week, what happened this week? 2lb off. So, if you get the mix right, you can eat pizza and lose weight! It just depends what else you ate as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.