Sunday 21 August 2011

The new athlete eating plan week 4

Still quite a lot of pace change related dizziness this week from the head injury, so the injection of pace is limited.
The new way of thinking is still proving to be quite hard, although I have trained myself to reach for cashew nuts instead of cakes! It is tough though, when hubby is still eating whatever he wants to, whenever he wants to!!
 I get very frustrated at times that I have to think quite hard about what I eat, but like I have to keep reminding myself, I am fuelling a machine now, not just stuffing what I like in my mouth!
I found that because I had the consultation shortly after the head injury, I forgot some of the vital details that I was told with relation to carbs and protein. I therefore got the balance wrong, and found that this directly impacted on my training, as I was beginning to feel very much more tired.
I then discovered that I was not eating the carbs at the right times, and that in fact I should eat carbs BEFORE meals, and carbs /protein after. This simple misunderstanding / forgetful moment on my behalf meant that the weight this week stayed the same. Oh well, at least it didn’t go up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.