Friday 29 July 2011

Andrew Neill: Helmets Save Lives

In March 2010, I was hit by a car whilst training for a charity triathlon.

My back was broken in 2 places, amongst many other injuries.

The only part of my body not marked or injured was my head. Purely because I was wearing a helmet.

I wrote a diary of my time in hospital, purely to keep my mind active whilst being immobile. www.bhit.org (a charity that promotes the use of cycle helmets for children).
I wanted to promote the use of wearing a cycle helmet and have donated any proceeds to

My local council (London Borough of Bromley) now use my diary (they bought 500 copies) as part of their road safety education.



Myebook - Diary of an Injured Cyclist - click here to open my ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.