Wednesday 23 November 2011

Games Maker London 2012 uniforms revealed

So this is what I and the other 70,000 volunteers will be wearing eh?
It’s kind of got the odd purple twist of Wimbledon in it, they say it is inspired by the historic Grenadier Guards uniform, with influences from the 1948 Games, Wimbledon and Henley Regatta.
The outfits will be worn by about 70,000 Games Maker volunteers, 6,000 staff and 4,500 technical officials.

 ‘The Games Maker uniform, which features Grenadier Guards red, was designed by London 2012 organisers, Locog, in association with sports manufacturer Adidas, and the colour scheme is aimed at allowing the wearer to stand out in a crowd. Each Games Maker will receive a jacket, polo shirt, trousers, trainers, socks, cap, bag, water bottle and an umbrella. Each technical official uniform will come with jacket, pair of trousers or skirt, a shirt or blouse, a belt, a bag which can fit a laptop, a Trilby hat and a tie for men and a scarf for women.’
Trilby hat? Well I never!! I bet those trousers will not be long enough... Adidas never are, on my 36 in legs!
Games Makers volunteers at both the Olympics and Paralympics will have the same uniform, although the logo on the back of the jacket will change along with the t-shirt and hat.
I have to admit though, I am incredibly excited and thrilled to be chosen to volunteer at both the road cycling and the triathlon. Front row seats for my favourite race of the entire games. How incredible will that be! To be part of such a huge sporting event is really something quite special. I hope I can get into London on my train ok!
And, purple or not, how special will that outfit be AFTERWARDS!
Go team GB... I want to be ringside when Alistair Brownlee and Helen Jenkins both get their Gold medals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.