Monday 31 October 2011

A strange thing happened... NLP Practitioners course

I KNOW NLP works. I have tried it myself. I was keen to learn more, and find out how it all worked. The course at Mind Training Systems came recommended by a NLP master practitioner friend Kim Ingleby, so I thought I would go ahead and take a look.  
It doesn’t come cheap, but by gosh, the stuff you learn is mind blowing. Like I said, I know it works, but I did still think that some of the techniques are hippy trippy to be honest, especially hypnotherapy, but it really works!
So much is not known about the unconscious mind. Now you are thinking what is she on about, unconscious mind..? By that I mean this: you sleep at night don’t you, your body still pumps the blood around, you carry on breathing don’t you? You don’t have to think about that? In fact, you don’t have to think about breathing at all, you just do it. That is the unconscious mind. Have you ever gone to a place in the house then forgot when you get there, what you were going to do? If you think about it, you can’t remember, but if you think about something else, it suddenly comes to you? That’s the unconscious mind too.
Hypnotherapy is rather the same. You are not turned into a zombie, you are fully aware of what is going on around you all the time. BUT you are focussed, calm, relaxed, and the practitioner is able to install thoughts and beliefs in your unconscious. I know, it sounds mad. But get this. I was hypnotised when we were doing exercises in the training. The focus was my limiting belief about my running. The next morning, for no more effort I ran 1 mile further than the rest of the days that week, in the same allotted time.
There are so many techniques within NLP that really work, I can only begin to tell you. For example, anchoring. That is when you associate all intense positive feelings of the targeted emotion with a certain touch. Then, you can replay that feeling by repeating the touch. This is easy to teach too. In fact, it’s something that babies do naturally... dummy? Teaching you to model the behaviour of others. I do this when running, modelling my style on a person of my choice, to help me focus on form and run well. I also have mantras for when I am running, and have internalised all my goals, discounting all other people. They are people that I cannot influence, making those goals unrealistic. I have now set goals that I am in charge of.
I think it’s changing me into a different person too. I ran a cross country race this weekend. I don’t do them because I will win, I do them because they are fun. They are usually my nemesis to be honest, and for that reason, my club were astounded with me this weekend.
Before the race, a girl who usually outruns me was talking about the races she was doing next year, saying she may target a few I was planning to do. I commented about having to chase her. She replied that I would out do her on the bike. I replied without hesitation ‘I am not just brilliant at the bike, I am brilliant at all three, it just happens that I am even more brilliant at the bike than the other two!’ I would NEVER have said that even a week ago!!
I was talking to a club mate in the cake queue after the race. He asked how it went. I said ‘I got to the end’. He said he always thought he was fit till he did these then realised that he was not. I said that he had to remember this race was part of a global picture, that for us triathletes it was the start of winter training, not an A race. At that point he suddenly hugged me. I was confused and asked what was going on. He said he was very impressed how far I had come with my mental strength over the past season, that in his opinion that had been the biggest improvement in me. How lovely for him to say that.
Does NLP work, Yes. Does Time line therapy work? Yes. Does hypnosis work? Yes. But only if YOU are willing.
I am now a ABNLP accredited NLP practitioner, NLP Create your future coach, Hypnosis practitioner and Time line therapy practitioner. Contact me, together we can change your life!
Find my company blog here: http://ryding2health.blogspot.com and the web site http://www.ryding2health.com
Incidentally, Colin and Catherine were utterly brilliant trainers, very supportive, entertaining, informative. It was a pleasure to be there, despite the 7 day intensive training being hard at times, it was worth every minute. I learned so much it makes me want to go out and learn even more!
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.