From 250,000 gamesmaker applicants in total I am one of only 75,000 that were chosen to be the face of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
With a host such as Jonathan Edwards, and visiting speakers like Eddie Izzard you know this will be a great afternoon.
With statistics such as this being the biggest ever peace time catering operation, largest ever UK road closures I feel extremely proud to say that I along with the 75,000 Gamesmakers, will be the official hosts of the games.
London, as one of the worlds most culturally diverse cities, will inspire the champions of tomorrow while challenging misconceptions about disability.
Some amazing statistics
- There are only 24 Sunday's to go till opening ceremony!
- There will be about 34 competition venues, plus hundreds of non comp venues, and 11 million spectators
- Hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games is like hosting 26 world championships at once, then 20 Paralympic championships all at once!
- The Mountainbike course includes 1300m of climbing which equals climbing Ben Nevis - and essex is flat!
- The Road race test event saw the biggest UK road closure ever
Sarah, when asked about her world title versus Olympic bronze said 'There's something more special about the Olympics. I feel prouder of my Olympic bronze than the world gold. It's only every four years, an athlete trains a lifetime for an Olympic Gold.'
And the most memorable moment for Giles Long? 'when the board said new world record was best ever. You will never see that again'
So, with something like 176 days to go, it's not long now.
London, you will ROCK!