Tuesday 8 March 2011

Awesome Novelty Cakes from ‘The Happy Little Cake Company’


The Northampton based company
I am so pleased to be able to introduce you to my good friend Vicky’s new Northamptonshire based novelty cake company. The first cake I saw of hers was this one, a TRI SUIT, just identical to the one our club wears. To be honest, I thought ‘why is she showing me a picture of a suit, I know what it looks like, I have one!’ Then I realised that it was in fact a cake!!!
I have always been flabbergasted by the amazing celebration cakes she comes up with. There seems no restrictions to her amazing talents, and I am truly not just saying that because she is a friend! She has made caravans, tents, flip flops, gardens, hills and array of different vehicles!! The pictures that are on her web site are a fraction of her many cake talents!
My novelty cake experience from ‘The Happy Little Cake Company’
She did in fact make me a cake, for my Dad’s birthday this year. He is building a miniature steam engine, one he has dreamed of building since he was a boy. She is called Maisie, and this is her in the black and white photograph. I sent that to Vicky and asked could she make me a cake for him. I expected to lose a friend when she received the picture, because she thought  it was way too complex and said that all she could promise was something that would not look like Thomas the Tank Engine!!
I expected a square cake, maybe with a picture of the engine on it, cut out of icing. But what I got was miles better than that – the cake was Maisie!! Right down to the hinges, bumper detail and the number on the coal tender. I mean, my gosh, she even managed to make coal!! I was so so pleased with what she had done; I couldn’t wait to show my Dad!
The reaction to the Celebration cake ‘Maisie’
I don’t think anyone was quite expecting a cake quite like this one. My dad was close to tears, he said it was so good, and was extremely impressed with the very intricate and accurate detail she had put into it.
How did ‘Maisie’ taste?
Maisie was made of chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache, and I thought with all that icing it would be a bit sweet, but it was truly delicious, and we were eating Maisie for almost a week!
How long do the novelty cakes keep for?
I stored the cake at room temperature (so the icing did not sweat) for a week after I collected it from her. We took another week before we managed to eat it all, and it was still fine.
Recommendations:
What I love about Vicky is her incredibly friendly and modest nature. She truly does love her work, and puts all her love and efforts into everything she makes. I am confident that every cake that leaves her kitchen will make happy customers!
Contact her immediately, she will cater for all your cake based needs! You can also find her on twitter and Facebook. You will never find a friendlier and more accommodating custom made novelty and celebration cake service.
http://www.thehappylittlecakecompany.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.